Welcome to Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church
A vibrant community established in 1850 and nestled in the heart of historic Doylestown. Come join us for prayer and services as we continue to strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ.
Great news! Archbishop Pérez has announced that parishes of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia will be able to resume public Masses the weekend of June 6 and 7. We at Our Lady of Mount Carmel look forward to welcoming you back! Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus as we make our way back to the in-person celebration of the Mass.
While our county remains in the Yellow Phase of statewide reopening, all of us need to do our part to make sure that our return to Mass is a peaceful and safe experience for all. Please take the time to read the instructions below. We ask everyone to follow these guidelines when attending Mass during this period:
Please review the attached document: Yellow phase letter to parishioners (4)
Other important links: If you are uncertain about your risk status, please consult your doctor and also the CDC Guidelines at the link below.
• Click here to read the CDC Guidelines for those at higher risk: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html
• Mass will continue to be available via live-stream.
• Our Lady of Guadalupe at www.olguadalupe.org/2020-livestreamed-masses
• Archdiocese of Philadelphia from the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul at https://vimeo.com414514269 or https://www.facebook.com/Archphila/ Please note it has been recommended to view the mass through the “vimeo” link.
OLMC MASS SCHEDULE
• Saturday Vigil 5:00 pm
• Sunday: 6:30am, 7:30am, 9:00am, 10:30am, 12 noon & 5pm
Addendum to Yellow Phase Letter to Parishioners of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
• Please observe the following points regarding the distribution of Holy Communion.
• Communicants are strongly encouraged to receive Communion in the hand.
• Those who wish to receive Communion on the tongue should come to the foot of the altar after all others have received.
• For the reception of Communion, remove any masks and gloves.
• Communion lines will be single file with 6 foot spacing between communicants. Please note that there will be ONLY one line in the center aisle. A single-file line will continue after the break (if needed).
• Communion will be distributed in the center aisle to one side at a time. For example, the Maple Avenue side would receive first and then the rectory side.
• Communicants who receive Communion in the center aisle should return to their pews by the center aisle, observing the same social distance while returning.
PLEASE CAREFULLY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE USHERS TO ASSURE THE SAFETY OF ALL.
OLG Livestream Mass
9:30 AM, Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
Watch live at 9:30 AM or later at your convenience. You can watch here or use the following link. Our Lady of Guadalupe will continue to livestream the Sunday Mass each week at 9:30 AM until we are able to celebrate together in the church.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word: Please click on the attached Zoom link and join us for Children’s Liturgy of the Word. We look forward to seeing all the smiling faces Sunday, May 7th at 11 a.m. in the morning. Parents are welcome to join us as well.
- To join the live Zoom, please click on the attached link at 10:55 to get set-up.
- We look forward to seeing you and experiencing the readings with you.
- Any Questions? Please call Sheila Duffy-Cyr 610-547-2239 of Cathy Wilson 267-897-0732.
Please Give Further Thought to Online Giving
We readily acknowledge and appreciate the fact that many households will be experiencing a financial strain during this time. But, in light of the temporary suspension of public Masses throughout the Archdiocese and beyond, we respectfully ask that those who have not yet done so seriously consider the “Parish Giving” program that has been in place for a few years here at Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
“Parish Giving” is an electronic funds transfer program whereby you can make your church contributions automatically from your checking account or credit card. It’s times like this, as well as vacation times and other times away from home, that such a financial arrangement makes so much sense. We still have bills to pay (as you surely do, too). Know that your consistent and sacrificial giving to Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish is never taken for granted. This is true now more than ever. God bless you for your generosity! Click HERE to sign-up online.”
Flocknote ~ OLMC: Would you like to be kept up-to-date on OLMC Parish news, activities and announcements? All you have to do is CLICK HERE and then provide your name, email address or phone number or both. Once your set up, you will receive all Parish announcements automatically.
FORMED: FORMED.org is a gift to you from Our Lady of Mt Carmel featuring programs, movies, audio talks, and books for all ages available in an online platform. To register, go to signup.formed.org and follow the simple instructions. Watch the bulletin for weekly suggestions. Problems with signup or accessing content? Contact our FORMED.org parish volunteer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us draw near … with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith … Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess. Hebrew 10:22-23
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is every Thursday after the 8:00 a.m. Mass. Benediction to follow at 4:00 p.m.
Questions or to sign up for a specific time please call the Parish Rectory at 215-348-4190